So this poor guy who drank black tea for 25 years decided to switch to Earl Grey, thinking it would be better for his stomach. A week later he suffered from muscle cramps that required medical attention. The cause? Toxicity from bergamot oil, made from the rind of the bergamot orange, which gives Earl Grey its particular flavour. I had to ask, how much tea did the guy drink to get poisoned by tea?
Four litres a day. That’s about 16 cups folks. I wonder how he got out of the bathroom long enough to boil the kettle. Full story here.